Tuesday, April 29, 2014

6th Annual Campout

Hope everyone enjoyed another great year at Huntsville State Park.  I know I did!! As we sat around the dinner table I asked Carol and the girls what their favorite part of camping this year was and it seemed as if there were too many to mention or they were exhausted and were unable to speak, just kidding!  There was a wide range of favorites and maybe some of them were the same as yours.
Campfire Stories, Roasted Marshmallow Contest (David, did I hear that you want to compete next year?), Fishing (OK maybe not so much fishing but more like feeding your bait to the fish)  Alligator sightings, kickball tournament (somehow I even managed to make it around the bases once), T-shirt designs (I personally liked this year over tie dying), Great food, scooters, bikes and nature walks, a visit by a turtle.

Church on Sunday - a Baptism, David having the right tools to defeat Goliath, Old Pete thirsting for water like our souls thirst for the Lord (Psalm 42:2), a praise team that helped us lift our voices to the Lord.
Best of all, the good Lord provided us great weather!!
I am already looking forward to year seven!

No comments:

Post a Comment